Power and the Glory: The Iglesia Ni Cristo Controversy
By Pastor G. Reckart (click here for the link of original article) Felix Manalo, founder of t...
Felix Manalo, founder of the Iglesia Ni Cristo Church in the Philippines, did not have a witness outside of himself that he was a prophet of God to restore the primitive Church, which he claimed had apostated. So, he turned to the Bible to find scriptures he could interpret that would authenticate him as this prophet and authorize him to be the founder of a new religion. He found two text that fit his need and these he manipulated into a Manalo-Christology or a Manalo-Messiasology. Sometime between 1914 and 1941 and a final court decision where the conduct of Manalo was legally established, he claimed to be the Messias and used this identity to coerce girls and women into sexual relationships. He told these females he was like Solomon and could have many wives and concubines. According the ruling of the Court, Manalo used his office as head of the Iglesia Ni Cristo and as a Messias to seduce and persuade these females into fornication and adultery. He already had a large following at that time who believed his claim that he was chosen by God to restore and set up the primitive Christian Church.
Here is a scripture text he used to bear witness that INC is the true Church of Christ and contains his ordination as the endtime servant of God:
Isaiah 43:5-6: "Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will gather you; I will say to the north, 'Give up,' and the south, 'Do not withhold; bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the end of the earth.'
What is meant by "from the east"?
According to Manalo and the INC central administration, the word "east" here is from the Hebrew "mizrach" (Strongs 4217)--sunrise, and they interpret this to mean the far east, the Philippine Islands.
So, according to Manalo, he was to bring the offspring from the far east, the Philippines. Bring them where, to what location? Manalo never really interpreted this as the Philippines or we would look even further east for the land to bring them from to where the Philippines are located. Going east there is no land until you reach AMERICA! But it is claimed this prophecy was Manalo bringing souls into his Iglesia Ni Cristo church out of the 7,100 islands of the Philippines. Manalo is nothing but a Filipino false cristo.
Does Isaiah 43:5-6 apply to Felix Manalo? No! It applies to Israel the nation, the people of Isaiah to whom he was prophesying!
What is the context of Isaiah 43? The Filipino people or Israel? It is Israel!
- Isa 43:1--But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
- Isa 43:2--When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
- Isa 43:3--For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
- Isa 43:4--Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.
- Isa 43:5--Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;
- Isa 43:6--I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;
- Isa 43:7--Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.
It is a deception and a lie for Manalo, the INC, and INC members to apply this text to the constituents of the Iglesia Ni Cristo denomination. If anyone believes this claim from Manalo, the central administration, and or INC ministers, THEN THEY HAVE BELIEVED A LIE! If such individuals cannot discern this lie as simple as it is to refute, how would it be possible to deliver them from the greatest of their deceptions, that being Jesus is not God just a man? A man who needs salvation himself.
Manalo claimed Jesus was no more God then he was. Manalo needed salvation, therefore we conclude in Manalo's private revelation Jesus needed salvation also. Do not make yourself equal to Jesus as a man unless you want applied to Jesus all that is applied to the rest of male humanity!
The ravenous bird claim:
Isa.46:11: "Calling a ravenous bird from the east. A man who executes my counsel from a far country."
- Isa. 46:3--Hearlem unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me from the belly, which are carried from the womb:
- Isa. 46:4--And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.
- Isa.46:5--To whom will ye like me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?
- Isa. 46:6--They lavish gold out of the bag, and weigh silver in the balance, and hire a goldsmith; and he maketh it a god: they fall down, yea, they worship.
- Isa. 46:7--They bear him upon the shoulder, they carry him, and set him in his place, and he standeth; from his place shall he not remove: yea, one shall cry unto him, yet can he not answer, not save him out of his trouble.
- Isa. 46:8--Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors.
- Isa. 46:9--Remember that the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else: I am God, and there is none like me,
- Isa. 46:10--Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
- Isa. 46:11--Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man what executeth my counsel from a far county: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.
Manalo, the INC central administration, and the members of INC are theives! This text belongs to the nation and people of Israel and has no application to the Philippines or the Filipino people!
What is meant by "ravenous bird?"
God was accusing the Israelites of idolatry. He was rebuking them for making idols of gold and silver and worshipping them. He calls them transgressors. He tells them to remember the ancient days and his miracles. He asserts his Divinity and Sovereign Oneness. He tells them his counsel, his judgments, his word will stand and come to pass according to his own purpose. He then tells them he will bring a ravenous bird, a man from the east who will execute his counsel. What was this counsel? It was judgment. What is a ravenous bird identity to be fulfilled in the person of a man?
First it is a raven, a black bird by outward description (Filipinos are not a black people); a bird of prey, a bird that eats the flesh of dead animals, it is a vulture kind of bird, omnivorous, meaning they will eat anything which is edible. Their usual diet contains insects, seeds, berries, carrion (the bodies of animals killed by creatures other than the raven).
It is claimed the favorite food of ravens is human bodies where they go first for the eyes (like eating grapes).
Ravens are considered mischevious and theives, stealing when your head is turned or swooping down when you least expect it, snatching and flying away with squawks of victory.
They are an unclean bird, one that was forbidden the Israelites to eat. The very carcass of this bird was not to be found on the property of Israelites. It was just as much an abomination as the swine (and dinuguan) and is found in the same chapter on unclean animals (see Leviticus 11:13-20; "shall be an abomination unto you").
Noah sent out a dove and a raven from the ark. The dove returned the raven had plenty to eat of dead carcases and did not return.
It was the ravens who came and tried to steal and eat the sacrifice of Abraham in Genesis 15:11.
The word "fowl" in Genesis 15:11 is the Hebrew word "ayit" (Strongs #5861), the very same Hebrew word for RAVENOUS in the text Manalo claims identifies him.
Look at Ezekiel 39:4 where God says he will give the dead bodies of Gog unto the RAVENOUS birds.
There is only one purpose of God calling for a RAVENOUS bird from the east country to come into the land of Israel and that is to eat the dead bodies of the idolaterers among the Israelites
The central administration and members of INC apply this bird to their prophet and founder?
Is this not a good reason to suspicion that the entire deceived mass of the membership of INC are not in their right mind. They do not know or have not been taught to rightly divide (interpret) the Word of God?
Manalo claims he is the ravenous bird from the east, from the far east, from the Philippines. And he is the "man" to execute the counsel of God in the Philippines. This claim if it was not so serious would be funny!
Does Isaiah 46:11 apply to Felix Manalo? If it does, then he has identified the membership of the Iglesia Ni Cristo as dead people. Maybe God allowed Manalo to make this claim so those who did have their right mind would get up out from among dead people and come among the living who are in Christ's true body.
Any Filipino who falls for the perversion that Manalo is the RAVENOUS BIRD is seeking a religions delusion. Do not be so anti-Catholic you will accept a religion and a false prophet who has created a religion far worse then the Catholic Church.
Why believe lie on top of lies and remain in the captivity and mental prison of Manalo and the central administration?
YOU HAVE BEEN DECEIVED INTO A CULT WHO USES SLICK DECEPTION AND MANIPULATION OF BIBLE SCRIPTURES.
THE CHOICE IS YOURS, ...MORE SLAVERY OF MIND AND BODY
FREEDOM OF SPIRIT AND SOUL?
SOME OF THE IGLESIA NI CRISTO
(CHURCH OF CHRIST) UNGODLY SCANDALS